Many of us dream of owning a swimming pool but are often intimidated by its maintenance. Keeping your swimming pool in best condition is not a herculean task and can be very simple if an effective filter is installed in it.
Following steps should be duly followed for proper maintenance of swimming pools-
- If pool is being opened after a considerable amount of time then it is necessary to properly clean it and get rid of the plant debris that might have accumulated over time.
- The second step is to use sanitizers such as chlorine and bromine to get rid of bacteria and algae in pool water. To keep the pH level in check, Sodium Bisulphate and Sodium Carbonate can be used and these products should also be used- what pool products are required to keep the pool in perfect condition?
- Expired chemicals should be replaced and new chemicals should properly be stored. Replacement is also necessary if a chemical has been stored in an open container for too long.
- When the pool is being re-opened it is also important to check the filter. In such a scenario, pool filters should be turned on and should be allowed to run for 12-24 hours so that the old water is mixed with the new. Any chemical should be added only after the completion of this procedure.
- Often dirt gets accumulated in the filter and that can be noted if there is a reduction in the flow of water. In such a case, filter should be backwashed i.e. it should be cleaned with the help of garden hose but too much pressure should not be applied as it may cause the dirt to settle in permanently.
- Filters can also be cleaned by soaking them in non-foaming cleansing solutions which are easily available in the market.
- In case the filter is damaged or too old, pool filter cartridge replacement is an advisable option.
Choosing an appropriate filter can be tricky; hence it is important to know that there are mainly three types of pool filters-
- Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.)- These filters have a fine mesh inside that are coated with diatomaceous earth. All the minute impurities tend to stick to this fine netting.
- Cartridge Filters- This type of pool filter gets rid of the impurities with the help of a cylindrical pleated object known as cartridge. Pleats on swimming pool filter cartridges are usually made up of spun bound polyester and act as a filtering media.
- Sand filters- These filters are filled with fine particles of sand and gravel that act as a filtering agent.
Among the above-mentioned types, cartridge filters are quite popular due to the ease of installing and maintaining them. Summer Escapes cartridges are widely chosen for this type of filters.