A dip in the cool waters of the pool could be quite refreshing especially during summers. However, maintaining and cleaning the pool on a regular basis is important to experience great swimming experience. This calls for the requirement of swimming pool filters which ensure that the water in the pool is clean.
However, regular cleaning and proper maintenance of pool filters is required to have a secure and clean enjoyment with your pool. Three most common types of pool filters include sand filter, diatomaceous earth filters and cartridge filters.
Pools are water bodies which are prone to get polluted with dust, several weeds, algae, bacteria and fine particles which travel with wind. To maximize the life of a Cartridge filter, clean the elements as per cleaning instructions. Follow the below mentioned procedure to clean your cartridge.
- The first thing you need to do is go through the manufacturer’s instructions to remove the cartridge from the filter. Then wash down any debris from the filter element with a garden hose and spray nozzle before it dries away.
- In order to break down oils, you can soak them in some or the other alkaline solution for at least an hour or overnight for best results.
- Remove the filters and rinse in a bucket of clean water. Agitate the filters by holding them at one end, and dunking them briskly in and out of the rinse water in order to shake out loosened soiling material.
- Dry the filter thoroughly in bright sunlight if possible.
- After thorough rinsing of the cartridge, clean and reassemble housing.
Its great fun and exercise to be in the pool during summers. For those who want to save some money, cleaning the filter, instead of buying a new one is an anytime better option.